26 May 2009

Summer Reading for Desperate Students

I am recording my summer reading list here. Because I can.

I Was Told There'd Be Cake - Sloane Crosley (genuinely enjoyed it.)
Don't Get Too Comfortable - David Rakoff (what a waste of time and energy.)
Biohazard - Ken Alibek
The Mommy Myth: The Idealization of Motherhood and How It Has Undermined All Women - Susan Douglas This totally wasn't the book I thought it was going to be, therefore, I have nixed it.
My Life In France - Julia Child
New Kings of Non-Fiction - Ira Glass (ed.)
The Meaning of Wife: A Provocative Look at Women and Marriage in the Twenty-first Century - Anne Kingston
This Is Not Chick Lit: Original Stories by America's Best Women Writers - Elizabeth Merrick (ed.)
The Secret History of Moscow - Ekaterina Sedia
Professor Martens' Departure - Jaan Kross
Animals in Translation: Using the Mysteries of Autism to Decode Animal Behavior - Temple Grandin
Travels with Herodotus - Ryszard Kapuscinski
Dojczland - Andrzej Stasiuk
Lalka - Boleslaw Prus
Balkan Ghosts: A Journey Through History - Robert D. Kaplan
The Botany of Desire: A Plant's-Eye View of the World - Michael Pollan
Between Fire and Sleep - Jaroslaw Anders

No comments: